Small Business Technology Blog

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Secure file transfer with encryption

A new client wrote and asked...

"I do a lot of tax work for clients across the country and for clients in the GTA and use the PDF feature on our tax software and my clients love it. What I am becoming increasingly concerned with is security relative to Adobe Acrobat file attachments. I understand that there is a service or software that enables you to send encrypted data and the recipient must have a prearranged password. You stated that you would let me know what software or service provider might be available in this situation.

Any assistance would be appreciated.


Thanks!"

I was able to suggest...

I was able to confirm the large file sending solution I’ve used in the past and have recommended to several clients called YouSendIt does offer a secure channel, their website security says they offer SSL encryption.

You can find you send it at
www.yousendit.com and details of their secure service here: http://www.yousendit.com/cms/security

No comments:

Post a Comment