Small Business Technology Blog

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

April 30, 2009

Attn: Scott Kendall

RE: Testimonial for Mr. Kendall
I have known Mr. Kendall as a frequent guest visitor to his BNI Chapter. Several weeks ago, Scott and I met briefly to learn more about each other’s businesses. I was impressed with his wealth of knowledge and expertise.

However, I was MOST impressed with the free two minute advice he provided, and this free advice has saved me time and frustration, yet has allowed me to maintain a record of my emails that have been sent from my blackberry device. As a lawyer, one should keep records of all emails sent from the device, but with blackberry’s service, you need to send yourself an email too so that you have a record on your computer.

Now imagine this:
1. Sending yourself an email;
2. Then receiving it on your device;
3. Your device rings;
4. You have two copies on the device – one as sent, one as received;
5. However, no record exists in your Outlook, Thunderbird etc. unless you send it to yourself;
6. You need to delete your device emails constantly; and
7. Factor in the frustration and time for hundreds of emails each day.

Scott provided me with a simple, yet very efficient alternative solution.

What is the solution? Talk to Mr. Kendall!

Yours very truly,
Anurag Gupta

No comments:

Post a Comment